We are proud to be partnered with a company focused on transparency and honesty in the VPN industry. Last week Golden Frog debunked 7 myths about online anonymity and VPN logging in their article, Je suis anonyme quand j'utilise un VPN - 7 mythes démystifiés.
The “7 Myths” article addresses a disturbing trend in the VPN industry over the past year. More and more VPN providers are perpetuating the myth of an “anonymous” or “no logging” VPN service while providing minimal or zero transparency about how they actually handle users’ data. This has diverted privacy conscious VPN users to focus on the false promise of anonymity instead of focusing on what really matters when choosing a VPN provider: transparency, trust, ease of use, performance and reliability.
Learn the truth about each of these myths:
- Mythe n° 1 : Je peux être anonyme sur l'internet.
- Myth #2: Anonymity and Privacy are the same.
- Myth #3: When my VPN Provider advertises an “anonymous” service, that means they don’t log any identifying information about me.
- Myth #5: Even if my VPN Provider uses Hosted or Cloud based VPN servers I can still be anonymous.
- Myth #6: Even if my VPN Provider doesn’t own and operate the network I can still be anonymous.
- Myth #7: Any VPN Logging is Bad.
For other insightful discussions on online privacy and security check out Golden Frog’s “Take Back Your Internet” policy microsite.