Collaborating and sharing files and folder using Dump Truck secure online storage is now a lot easier. Golden Frog just made available its new Private Sharing beta feature for Dump Truck to all Giganews users. Using the Dump Truck Web App, users can now use Private Sharing to easily and securely collaborate on files and folders with other Dump Truck users. This new feature is ideal for small businesses, and for sharing files with family and friends. Giganews users can also easily invite anyone to access shared folders and assign a permission level, with just an email address. When a privately shared file or folder is changed, added or deleted, the changes synchronize to all users who have joined the share.
Previously, Dump Truck only enabled users to share files and/or folders with others via a Public Link. Users also had the option to add an expiration date and a password to the link but they could not collaborate on these files. The new Private Sharing feature now allows for collaboration, easy access and secure sharing!
Dump Truck Private Sharing Features
- Any changes to a folder will show up for all users who have access to it, allowing for easier collaboration
- There are multiple permission level options for each folder. You can also edit the permission level after you share the folder
- Unlike many competitors, Dump Truck supports Read-Only access. If you choose this option, users can view files but cannot modify them
- With the right permission levels, users can move, rename and edit shared files and folders
- Users can access shared files across all Dump Truck desktop, mobile and web applications
How to Get Started
Dump Truck secure online storage is included FREE with every Giganews account. Any Giganews member using Dump Truck can access the Private Sharing Beta. Here’s how you can get started:
- If you’re not already using Dump Truck, download the Windows, Mac, Android or iOS app today
- If you’re an existing Dump Truck user, update the Dump Truck Mac or Windows app. Note: You could lose some of your data if you don’t update your apps first
- Log into the Beta version of the Web App and start sharing folders with Dump Truck users using their email address
- Share your valuable feedback with Golden Frog by using the Beta Feedback form on the site
Desktop App Update Required
Although you can share folders via Private Sharing only through the web app, you can access shared folders via our desktop apps. Privately shared files will be synced to your desktop using the Dump Truck desktop app. Golden Frog recently updated the Dump Truck Mac and Windows apps to version 1.2.2 to support the Private Sharing beta. In order to use Private Sharing, you must update the Dump Truck desktop app. Note: You could lose some of your data if you don’t update your apps first. Update from within the app by clicking on “Update Available” in the main menu, or you can download the latest version of the Mac or Windows app.
Dump Truck secure online storage is included FREE with every Giganews account. Use Dump Truck to store, sync and access your photos, documents or files from anywhere in the world. Created by Golden Frog with a focus on speed and security, Dump Truck uses 256-bit encryption to secure your files and delivers the same unlimited speeds you expect from Giganews.
If you’re not already a Giganews member, we invite you to sign up for a 14-day free trial.