Public Wi-Fi hotspots at coffee shops, airport and hotels have become increasingly insecure. Cellular networks also share similar security concerns. Even worse, cellular carriers are also leveraging Wi-Fi to carry smartphone traffic in order to alleviate cellular network traffic, compromising mobile communications. However, users are sometimes too busy or forget to turn on VyprVPN when accessing insecure Wi-Fi and cellular networks. Our partner Golden Frog wants to make it easier for users to protect themselves, so that’s why they added the automatic connect on unknown Wi-Fi and cellular settings into the 2.3 versions of the Android, Windows and Mac apps. Unfortunately, due to iOS restrictions, Golden Frog is not able to offer the automatic connect settings for the VyprVPN for iOS app at this time.
VyprVPN Automatic Connect options include:
- Connect on Unknown Wi-Fi Networks – When a user connects to an unknown Wi-Fi network, VyprVPN will automatically connect and encrypt all Internet traffic. Users may also exclude specific, “known” networks they consider to be secure and don’t want VyprVPN to automatically connect.
- Connect on Cellular – When a user is connected to a cellular network, VyprVPN will automatically connect.
- Automatic Reconnect – Anytime VyprVPN is disconnected without the user manually choosing to do so, the app will attempt to reconnect.
- Connect When App Starts – VyprVPN will automatically connect when a user opens the app
- Connect When Device Starts – VyprVPN will automatically connect whenever the device is turned on
How to Update to VyprVPN 2.3?
If you don’t have VyprVPN and want protection for your internet connection while at home or on the go, upgrade to Diamond or Platinum get VyprVPN included for free! If you’re not already a Giganews member, we invite you to sign up for a 14-day free trial.